Carrum Downs Secondary College prides itself on providing quality wellbeing and learning support for our students through the Wellbeing Support Team. Located in the Wellbeing Support Centre, the Wellbeing Support Team contributes to the broader College goals of student engagement and academic success.
The Wellbeing Support Team offers the following services and programs:
- Group programs
- Health education and promotion activities
- Integration support
- Early intervention programs
- Engagement in school wide initiatives that support our students’ social emotional development and wellbeing
The Wellbeing Support Team is comprised of:
- Wellbeing Support Coordinator
- Adolescence Health School Nurse
- Integration Aide Team
- The Wellbeing Support Team highly value community-based support services and continually seeks new and exciting opportunities to engage students and families in lifelong learning. This includes collaboration and consultations with:
Frankston City Council Youth Services
The regional SSSO (Student Support Services Officers)
ELMHS (Early in Life Mental Health Service)
To engage with the Wellbeing support services, please contact your House Leader to arrange a referral to the Wellbeing Support Team.
Child Safe Standards
The Victorian Government has announced new Child Safe Standards to further strengthen child safety across organisations, including schools. The new standards recognise the critical importance of families and the broader school community in maintaining and promoting child safety and wellbeing.
Carrum Downs Secondary College has reviewed and updated our child safety policies and procedures to ensure they meet the requirements of the new standards. Policies are available to view on our website.
We are committed to continuous improvement in our approach to child safety and wellbeing and welcome feedback from families and members of our school community on ways we can further strengthen our child safety policies, procedures and practices.
Doctors in Secondary Schools
Doctors in Secondary Schools is an initiative the Government has introduced in some schools to help with:
- Making health care more accessible to students
- Provide assistance to young people to identify and address any health problems
- Reduce the pressure on working parents
What to bring: Medicare number
Bookings: Via ‘Conferences’ on Compass, or via the wellbeing team
Support Links and Contact Numbers
- Emergency Services: Ph: 000
- Monash Psychiatric Triage 24/7: Ph: 1300 369 012